Pages

Wednesday 12 September 2012

CASology #10 - Medivac Helicopter

Hello Friends,
Today's post is for the CASology Challenge this week and the Cue Card Word is SKY.  Unfortunately when we hear a Helicopter in our small town most of the time it means there has been an accident or someone is very ill and needs to be air lifted to Perth 200kms away.  We actually had a Medivac helicopter come today, it always flies over our house before it lands and you can hear it coming from quite a distance before it arrives. It made me think that I could use it as inspiration for my card today.  I used two layers, die cut the clouds, stamped the sentiment after I had made a couple of score lines under it and stamped, coloured and fussy cut the helicopter.  The Bashful Blue layer and the helicopter are mounted on Dimensionals to add interest.
 

Supplies:
Stamps: Sullivan's International Clear Stamps Item #93880 Helicopter, MFT Bunny Slippers
Card: Whisper White, Bashful Blue
Ink: Stazon Black, Real Red
Cool Tools: Big Shot, Papertrey Ink Cloud Dies, Fiskars Trimmer and Scoring Tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today.
Hugs,
Cat's Ink Siggy

10 comments:

  1. Your card really caught me by surprise - we're currently investigating a big scandal at our Medivac company here in Ontario - I thought maybe you were making a political statement with your sweet get well card! lol! I love that image and the idea to make your sky like that is so clever! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card Susan! We had one that flew over our previous house too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Susan, I love the negative die cut. The analogy you used for the get well card is very creative. I also used to live in a house that backed on to the hellipad at the hospital, an eerie sound. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology !

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card, susan! love how you used the negative die cut and that really cool helicopter! thanks so much for joining us each week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous and I love how you made your clouds x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to use the negative die cut clouds for the sky, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how fun! Sue this is fabulous! LOVE the negative die cuts and that little helicopter hovering in the sky is so cute!
    Growing up, my best friend lived right across from the hospital and we always knew if the helicopter landed there was something major going on!
    Thanks for joining us at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear Sue this is really adorable love your cloud die cuts and nice helicopter...realy great CAS card...love the simplicity of your card...

    I am joining too the CASology challenge and my card is Nr. 57 would you mind to see it on my blog? I would be so glad if you could leave me some love :) Many thanks before :) hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card ~ love the negative die cuts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.