Pages

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Friday Mashup #35 - Fun In The Snow

Hello there,
Today's post is for The Friday Mashup Challenge this week to create a Shaker card and or with a Winter Scene. I have gone with both and used some different elements in my card that I have not used before.  I made my own shaker from scratch using a large piece of dimensional foam.  I cut the circle out with my Classic Circles Nestabilities and my Big Shot.  I also used White Glossy cardstock that I embossed using Embossing folders.  I saw a video by Kay Kalthoff and decided to give it a try, it creates a shiny embossed surface and I am very happy with the results.

This card Rocked the Challenge this week at The Friday Mashup.

Supplies:
Stamps:  S/U's A Wish For Peace (R), Contempo Christmas
Card:  Basic Black, Glossy White, Acetate, Whisper White
Ink: Always Artichoke, Bashful Blue, Stazon Black
Finishing Touches: Black 1/8" Ribbon, Chunky Glitter, Dazzling Diamonds
Tools:  Big Shot, Provo Craft Snowflakes EB Folder, Sizzix Polka Dots EB Folder, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Ornament Punch, Sponge, Scallop Circle Punch, Dble Sided Tape, Dimensionals, 2 Way Glue Pen, Papertrey Ink Woodland Meadows Die, Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch, Carl Snowflake Punch, Multi Mat
Thanks' for calling in today.
Hugs,
Cat's Ink Siggy

9 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely card! Love the 'scene' through the ornament :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love, Love this.. The scene behind your shaker area is perfect! I love that you made a shimmery embossed area that adds such a nice touch. This is so fun! Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan, Fabulous shaker card mashup. Thanks for the tip about embossing on glossy card, I usually reserve mine for using rubbing alcohol and re inkers. I really like all the texture you've achieved and that sled silhouette stands out brilliantly.

    Thanks for sharing your card with us.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the scene you have created here and the embossing looks terrific!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, Susan! I love the texture and the scene in your shaker. Great job! Thanks for joining The Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am late on making comments from last week's challenge...but WOW! This is absolutely stunning!! No wonder you were the Rock Star! Thanks for playing along at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Belinda
    My card is A5 in size, 14.8cm x 10.5cm, or 5 5/16" x 4 2/8". Hope this helps. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.