Pages

Friday 4 November 2011

Perfect Sentiments #5 - Thanksgiving Roast Turkey

Hello there,
Today's post is for this weeks Perfect Sentiments Challenge. We were to do a Thanksgiving card with Brads or Eyelets.  Thanksgiving is not celebrated in Australia, so it took me a while to come up with a design.  I made the Turkey with punches following a tutorial by Lyn Pratt.  I used the free sentiment on the inside of my card.
Supplies:
Stamps: S/U's Forever Young
Card and Paper:  Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Bella Rose DSP (R)
Ink:  Stazon Black, More Mustard, Soft Suede
Embellishments:  White Twine, Silver Cord, Black Brads, S/U Gingham Black (R)
Tools:  Scallop Edge Border Punch, Scalloped Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Modern Label Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Owl Builder Punch, Dimensionals, Dble Sided Tape, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Computer and Printer, Sponge
We have been busy taking care of Kaela and Jessica our Grand daughter's early in the week for a few days and today we went to Grand Parent's day at Kaela's school in Perth so I have not been able to do many challenges this week but hopefully I will be on track this week.
Kaela and Myself at Grand Parent's Day
Thanks' for popping in today.
Hugs,
Cat's Ink Siggy

11 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I love the little pictures hanging on the dining room wall! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Perfect Sentiment!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, your card is delightful. I just love those silhouette stamps of the young boy and girl. Very unique combination with the turkey and red plaid. Thanks for joining us at the Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels like being home for the holidays!!! How creative to take an inspiration and make it into a home setting for the holidays!! Love this!! Thanks for joining in on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Susan... can you ever make a card I don't absolutely LOVE?! Well, of course this is no exception as you are not only so clever, but everything works together so beautifully. As a matter of fact, I am on a "silhouette kick" myself lately. I love cameos and silhouettes, so this card is especially awesome to me! You really rocked this challenge, my friend!!
    How nice that you've had time with your granddaughters; Kaela is just darling! I am sure they are enjoying their time with you- I am sure you must be a wonderful grandma!! I hope you will be able to keep squeezing in time for our challenges; your cards are always SO awesome!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan this is fantastic!! What an absolutely perfect Thanksgiving card, in every way. That punched turkey is so cute, right down to the baker's twine accent. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a creative card i love all the details you added. thanks for joining us at the perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your turkey! The sponging looks fabulous. So glad you succeeded in creating it. Makes me want to buy the Forever Young set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, this is phenomenal! i love the little frames on pearls - an amazing choice for this card :) thanks for playing at Perfect Sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Susan! love the colors and the clever cameos. Thanks for playing along with the Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable. Love your punch art turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card - really clever use of the cameos! And I love red checks so the colors are a bonus for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.