Pages

Friday 13 August 2010

Helping Hudson Week 2: Challenge 5 - Porthole View

Hi there,
Todays post is for the Sketch Challenge this week on the Helping Hudson blog.  My first thought on seeing the sketch was looking through a porthole on a ship, so this is my take on the sketch. I was going to do an underwater scene, and realised unless you where in a submarine you wouldn't see the view underwater.  LOL. I used my Circle Scissors and it worked perfectly.  Yaaay!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Seaworthy, Best Yet, Sanded BG
Card: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze
Embellishments: Starfish Brad, Rope, Metal Studs
Tools: Crop-a-dile, Tombow Multi Glue, Circle Scissors, 1" , 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Big Shot, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Dimensionals, Sponge, Scallop Circle Punch, Sponge Dauber
Thanks for stopping by today.  Let me know if you like it.
Hugs,
Cat's Ink Siggy

12 comments:

  1. Susan this is absolutely FANTASTIC~!! Love the sponged clouds too! Your way too clever! lol

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb card Susan, just stunning. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this Susan. What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, Susan that is one fantastic card, it all is so coordinated to the sea theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, WOW, and WOW! LOVE this card SUsan. My BIL is ex Navy and this would be perfect for him! Mind if I borrow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMW Susan! Your creativity continues to blow me away. This card is just wonderful. I LOVE the rope! Actually I love everything about it. You did an awesome job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card, I love the rope too and that port hole is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just blow me away a little bit more every time with these creations of yours, Sue! This is a fantastic take on the sketch. The rope is FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue this card is GORGEOUS!!! I just love the whole effect of what you've created :)
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card - I grew up on a boat and seeing the rope all curled up reminded me of that. The pearls around the porthole look great too.
    Monique http://stamping-with-moni-q.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is absolutely amazing!!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.